Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Two Weeks Too Soon!

     Claire is two weeks old today! I cannot believe how fast time has flown! Clay and I took Claire back to the hospital today to complete her newborn screening. I was dreading this trip and just knew it was going to be traumatic for all of us, but Claire is such a trooper! She barely whimpered when the nurse pricked her heel, and I only teared up a little bit. I have LOVED every minute of being a new mommy and just can't get over how fast our first two weeks together has gone!
     We are still working on getting on more of a set schedule. Right now Claire usually eats every two hours during the day starting around 8:00 am or 9:00 am, with lots of napping in between and usually less than a couple hours total of awake time. She has some tummy time when she is awake, and I've started putting Claire in her bouncer with blankets to prop up her little head. She loves the bouncer and is mesmerized by the lights and music! Claire has her last "day" feeding around 10:00 pm and then sleeps until about 2:00 am, has another feeding and sleeps until around 6:00, eats again and gets up for her day around 8:00 or 9:00! We have been amazed at our little girl's great sleeping and hope she continues this habit! Claire is sleeping in her nursery, which I never thought we would do! Her bassinet/pack-n-play is set up in our bedroom and I told Clay she'd be sleeping with us for at least a few months! She started in her nursery when we got home from the hospital because my mom stayed with us the first three nights and she convinced me we would sleep better if Claire was in her own room, well Mother knows best! My wonderful mom slept within earshot of Claire's room (and with the video monitor) brought her to me to nurse, changed her diaper, and put her back down. Thank you Mama!
     Happy Two Weeks Little Tooter!






No comments:

Post a Comment