Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 14, 2011

BE MINE!

     Happy Valentine's Day! I have always loved this holiday! I still remember Valentine's Day parties in elementary school and how much fun I had decorating my little paper sack for Valentines and passing out all the Valentines cards I had so carefully signed the night before. I love all the pink and red, and the thought of a whole day dedicated to romance and love, and all the cookies, cupcakes, and candy of course!
     Last year was a very special Valentine's Day. I found out I was pregnant on February 13th last year and some how kept the news from Clay until the next day, Valentine's Day! I surprised him early that morning, after taking another test to be sure! He didn't understand why he had to open his gift at 8:00 AM. When he did, he discovered his favorite candy and a baby's outfit that said "Daddy and Me." That moment and his face is something I will never forget!
     Now, a year later, our precious baby girl is here and our greatest blessing. When I surprised Clay with the news of our baby to be, I knew he was going to be an amazing father, but what I didn't expect was that our relationship, and my love for him, would grow so much. I am so incredibly grateful to have such a devoted and loving man as my husband and Claire's father!

My Beautiful Valentine!



Thank you Momu (Clay's Mom) for my Valentine outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment