Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Claire's First Cold

Yuck! My poor baby has come down with her first cold! Unfortunately, I know the source...me! I was just getting over my little bug when baby Claire started to get the sniffles and yucky congestion that I had. Of course I immediately called the pediatrician. I'm afraid they already know me all too well (I swore I wasn't going to be that mom!) and the nurse very sweetly told me unless she develops a fever, the congestion continues for 3 weeks, or gets worse, Miss Claire does not need to be seen. She recommended saline nose drops and the humidifier (I was already doing this) and letting her sleep with her head elevated. Great! I grabbed a towel, rolled it up, and stuck it under the head of Claire's mattress. Well a little elevation went a long way! Thirty minutes later when I peeked at Claire on the video monitor she was almost upside down at the bottom of her crib! I made some adjustments and hopefully this will help my sweet baby.
You wouldn't know Claire is sick by her demeanor! She continues to be so smiley and happy. She seems to be more sleepy than usual, taking longer naps. I'm glad she is getting her rest and fortunately her cold hasn't affected her appetite! I cannot believe the worry I feel for my baby girl and how sad I feel that she is under the weather. If I feel like this when she has a cold, I can't imagine something worse! I have been and continue to be so thankful for Claire's health. Hopefully she will be back to 100% soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment