Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Three Months

I have to say the last few days have been full of reflection and emotion. I don't know if its because Claire had her three month portraits done a couple days ago, because she went up a size in diapers, or because she just seems to be getting older so fast, but I really feel this ache for my sweet baby girl. I think back to the day she was born and just how overwhelmed I was by the love I felt for my daughter. I didn't know it would be possible to love her more and more every day. I get tearful even writing this, more out of joy than anything else. Other moms always told me how much I was going to love and adore my child, but there are just no words to describe it!

Baby Claire, you mean the world to me and I love you so much it hurts!  Here are just some of the things I adore about you...
-You wake up full of smiles in the morning. I wouldn't even know you were awake except I peek in at you to find you smiling and stretching in your crib!
-Your smiles are so big I can barely see your eyes behind those big sweet cheeks!
-You turn your head from side to side with a big smile like you're about to let out a huge laugh. I know we will hear those precious giggles any day!
-You love it when we talk to you and you usually have lots to say in return.
-Even if you're in a bad mood, we see that huge smile when we blow on your belly or tickle you!
-Now when you cry, you have actual tears! It breaks your mommy's heart every time!
-You hold on to your rattle, pull the rings on your carseat toy, and bat at anything we put in front of you. I love how excited you get by all your new discoveries!
-You are getting so good at holding your head up and you love sitting in your bumbo so you can be part of the action!
-When you're trying to figure something out, you furrow your eyebrows in concentration (and look just like your daddy!)
-Sometimes when I sing, dance, and act silly for you, you raise one eyebrow and give me a little half smile like I'm kind of crazy (yes, daddy makes this expression also!)

You are getting bigger every day baby Claire and I treasure every minute I spend with you.
My greatest blessing in life is being your mommy!

My THREE Month Old!




1 comment:

  1. She's growing up too quick! What a cutie pie and you are such a sweet little Mommy!

    ReplyDelete